Advent Day 1: Decorating for Christmas

We put our Christmas decorations up this weekend! So I thought I'd share our tree and other bits and bobs with you. This is our first Christmas with Lux so we're pretty excited to see how she feels about everything! 

So here is our living room and hall way! 




She's definitely a fan of the tree, it's not been climbed yet but it's been pulled and chewed and had decorations ripped down.


I made this 'Merry Christmas' banner to hang above the tree and there'll be a tutorial up this week!





All breakable decorations have been banished to places where they won't be smashed so Santa has pride of place on the mantle with our candles from Sainsbury's which smell like Christmas all wrapped up!


Our wreath is another DIY that I did last year when I couldn't find a wreath I liked. I grabbed a plain wreath and some of the berries which are wired then I twisted these in where I wanted them.


I also had a hanging 'Merry Christmas' from Paperchase and used the wired wreath to hold it in place. 


Another little DIY coming soon! This embroidered 'Comfort and Joy' cushion. So simple and you can personalise with whatever phrase you like.

There are even more decorations around the rest of the house, mainly our bedroom which now has our winter bedding and some other little decorations.

I'm going to be blogging as much as I can this month with plenty of Christmas DIY's, present ideas and some of my favourite winter things so keep an eye out!

Katy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment