The Hoppings 2014

I hadn't heard of the Hoppings until a few days ago when I saw it mentioned on my Instagram despite living in Newcastle for nearly two years.

Once I realised it was a giant funfair, the world's biggest touring actually, I knew we needed to go!
Mostly because G and I both love funfair food! 

It's held at Town Moor and this year marked the 132nd Year of The Hoppings, so it's definitely a Newcastle tradition. There's rides and so much food it will make your tummy ache just looking around. 


Well when they say world's biggest, I never imagined how big it actually would be! I'm used to a tiny funfair in my hometown so this kind of blew my mind. 


There is every kind of ride imaginable, add to that tons of food stalls and numerous hook-a-duck style prize stands, it could be quite daunting. 



I think Town Moor is perfect though as it's sheer size accommodates everything they have there without feeling like you're packed like sardines with strangers. 



We stuffed ourselves, and as I'd been thinking about having a slushy since I'd heard about Hoppings I was so pleased to find some additive filled strawberry-raspberry goodness. G enjoyed amazing looking noodles and curry sauce. 

It's so fluffy I'm gonna die!!
Unfortunately this unicorn cutie was just too hard to get and we weren't willing to spend all our pennies to get him (you know how funfairs are) not that it wasn't fun to try. 

If you fancy going The Hopping's is on until Saturday 28th and is free to enter! Check the website here for opening times and information on parking and finding Town Moor. 

Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment