Apologises for my lack of posts this weekend but it's my last few weeks of term so I've been pretty busy, not too busy though to fit in a little baking for one of my classes. So I made Lemon and raspberry cupcakes!
I thought you all might like these spring lovelies as much as I do..
This recipe will make you 10-12 cupcakes.
120g self raising flour,
150 caster sugar,
2 teaspoons lemon zest,
2 tablespoons lemon juice,
250g icing sugar,
2 tablespoons milk,
3 tablespoons lemon juice,
3 teaspoons caster sugar,
Splash of water,
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees before you start.
1. Add the sugar, flour, lemon zest and butter into a bowl and mix with an electric whisk until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. 2. Add the milk and lemon juice gradually and mix until fully combined. 3. Add the eggs slowly while whisking the ingredients. 4. Whisk for a few minutes until the mix is fluffy and soft.
5. Fill your cupcake cases 3/4 full and pop in the oven for 20-25 minutes, check at 15 minutes to make sure they're not burning.
6. Grab your icing ingredients!
7. To make the buttercream taste deliciously of raspberry we're going to add a raspberry reduction.
So add the lemon juice, water and sugar to a pan and dissolve the sugar slightly then add the raspberries. Hint! Mush down some of the raspberries to speed up the process. After you've got a syrup like consistency sieve the raspberries seeds out and you'll be left with a thin puree.
8. Next put your icing sugar (sieved) and butter in a bowl and cream the two together. It's good to start this off with a spoon to reduce the crazy mess you get if you use a whisk straight away.
9. Once your buttercream is smooth add the raspberry puree and whisk again until combined and fluffy.
Next up.... Add your buttercream to the top of your cupcakes and finish with a raspberry.
Enjoy! The dreary Friday weather we had yesterday was brightened up by these spring treats.
I hope you enjoy them too!